Latest Home Staging Statistics
SALES OVER LISTING PRICE
Recently, the 2021 RESA (Real Estate Staging Association) Survey of Staged Homes was released about the success of home staging in the previous, challenging year. Here is an overview of the survey for both vacant and occupied homes (13k homes surveyed):
85% of staged homes sold for 5-23% over the listing price.
With an average investment of 1%, approximately 75% of sellers saw an ROI of 5-15% over asking price.
Staged homes are on the market for 23 days, on average.
By these statistics, that means that if you have a home on the market for $400,000, invest $4,000 in home staging, you could get $20,000 in return, in less than a month!
According to a study these are the top updates that will result in the greatest return on your investment.
Clean and declutter
Lighten & brighten
Landscaping (both front and back)
HOME STAGING FACTS:
• Staged homes appeal to a broader range of buyers thus creating more offers.
• Home staging removes "buyer objections" which alleviates buyer's asking for concessions.
• Staging creates a higher selling price.
• Staged homes have a marketing advantage over unstaged homes in any market.
• Staging emphasis the homes best features, not the lifestyle of the seller.
• Buyer's are more apt to buy a staged home because maintenance issues and outdated design elements have been corrected.
• Staging creates "Move In Ready" homes. People don't have time to fix up homes, they want instant gratification.
Remember that the cost (investment) in staging is always less the first price reduction and extended carrying costs! Stage first to keep more money on the table. Even in a sellers market staging is proven to bring in higher selling price.