National Home Staging Statistics:
2020 Home Staging Statistics
The results are in! RESA (the Real Estate Staging Association) just published the results from their 2020 survey of 13K staged homes. I think they speak for themselves.
SALES OVER LISTING PRICE
85% of staged homes sold for 5-23% over list price.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
With an average investment of 1%, approximately 85% of sellers saw an ROI of 15-50% over asking price.
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
Staged homes sold faster, averaging just 23 days or less on the market.
Staged homes sell 85% faster with a 586% return on investment! *Home Gain
A staged vacant home sells 67% faster than leaving it empty.*National Association of Realtors.
Staged homes sells on average for 7% more money than Un-Staged homes.
Only 10% of home buyers can visualize the full potential of a home, the other 90% need a frame of reference. *Home Gain
Buyers judge a home based off first impressions. This happens under 3 minutes! *Real Estate Staging Association
63% of Buyers will pay more for “Move In Ready” homes. *Maritz Survey on Buyers
A survey of 2,800 properties revealed staged homes sell in half the time of un-staged homes. *Coldwell Banker
The average staging investment is between 1% and 1.5% of the listing price, yet generates a 8%-10% return on investment *National Association of Realtors
Staged Homes sell in the first 4 weeks
U.S. research states that home staging reduced time on the market by 1/3 -1/5 and fetched 6% to 20% more than unstaged. *Wikipedia
According to a study these are the top updates that will result in the greatest return on your investment.
Clean and declutter: 872%
Lighten & brighten: 572%
Landscaping (both front and back): 473%
Paint interior: 250%
Update kitchen: 237%
Update bathroom: 172%
• Staged homes appeal to a broader range of buyers thus creating more showings and offers.
• Home staging removes "buyer objections" which alleviates buyer's asking for concessions. (Lowering the price)
• Staging creates a higher sales price. (Staged homes can receive 10%-50% more than listing price)
• Staging creates "Move In Ready" homes. People don't have time to fix up homes, they want instant gratification.
• Staged homes have a marketing advantage over unstaged homes in any market.
• Staging places the emphasis back on the homes best features, not the lifestyle of the seller.
• Buyer's are apt to buy a staged home because maintenance issues and outdated design elements have been corrected.
• Staging helps seller's mentally and physically prepare for moving.