Latest Home Staging Statistics
This RESA (Real Estate Staging Association) Survey was released in 2020. Here is an overview for both vacant and occupied homes (13,ooo homes were surveyed):
85% of staged homes sold for 5-23% over listing price.
With an average staging investment of 1% of the listing price, approximately 75% of sellers saw an return on their investment of 5-15% over asking price. this means that if you have a home on the market for $400,000, invest $4,000 in home staging, you could fetch a $20,000 return in less than a month!
Staged homes sold within 23 days, on average.
Over 90% of realtors state the benefits of home staging help sell a property.
Over 65% of 900 realtors believe that home staging helps sell a house for more money.
The majority of realtors believe that home staging increases the selling price anywhere from 1 to 10%.
nearly 85% of realtors agree that a staged home will sell faster than an un-staged home.
During Covid, in a 2021 survey of 4,600 properties, 73% of homes sold over list price and 9 days faster than the average days on the market.
2021 statistic, Staged homes sold on average 40K OVER list price.
The average staging investment is 1.3 percent of the listing price resulted in a 7.1% over list investment.
almost 44% of Sellers Agents believe that staging increased the value of the home up to 20%, even in a hot market!
Sources of Home Staging Statistics
National Association of REALTORS
Real Estate Staging Association
TIP: the cost (investment) in staging is always less the first price reduction! Stage first to keep more money on the table.
HOME STAGING FACTS:
• Staged homes appeal to a broader range of buyers, thus creating more offers.
• Home staging removes "buyer objections" which diminishes buyers asking for concessions.
• Staging creates a higher a selling price and at times biding wars.
• Staged homes have a marketing advantage over unstaged homes in any market.
• Occupied Staging places emphasis on the homes best features, not the lifestyle of the seller.
•Buyer's are more apt to buy a staged home because maintenance issues, repairs and outdated design elements have been fixed.
• Staging Homes creates a "Move In Ready" home. People don't have time to fix up homes anymore, so they seek homes that are ready to start living their busy lives in.